Removing ia32-libs and libstdc++5 from the seeds

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Wed Apr 4 09:21:57 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 13:30 +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> I would like to remove ia32-libs and libstdc++5 from the seeds for feisty.
>
>  - ia32-libs is seeded because it provides an i386 libstdc++5 library.
>
>  - libstdc++5 is seeded, because some third party applications did need
>    it; there are less now than some months ago.
>
> The packages (ia32-libs and gcc-3.3) would still be available in universe, but
> not in main.
>
> Opinions?
>
>   Matthias

The 64-bit version of Wine (when I get it building right) is going to
very much depend on the ia32-libs package, since Wine will need all of
its dependencies in 32-bit format to properly run 32-bit windows apps.

Unless, of course, someone can point me to a better alternative than
depending on the ia32-libs package (which, hopefully, will be complete
with what Wine needs.)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie