How long will 64bit Ubuntu users have to wait?

Kilz _ kilzzz at
Sat Sep 30 06:35:09 BST 2006

>From: Matt Zimmerman <mdz at>
>To: ubuntu-devel at
>Subject: Re: How long will 64bit Ubuntu users have to wait?
>Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:04:38 -0700
>On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 03:49:09PM -0500, Kilz _ wrote:
> > Sadly I'm beginning to see that the whole warm fuzzy feeling of the
> > community tends to disappear once off the forums.
>Yes, this is a very curious phenomenon.  You seem to be helpful on the
>forums, but when posting to this mailing list, you've been very aggressive
>and disagreeable.
>  - mdz
>ubuntu-devel mailing list
>ubuntu-devel at

I have been argued with since the first post. Telling me I dont know what Im
suggesting isnt possible, or isnt needed. When I know its possible and the
traffic on my howto shows me its needed.
Today I asked a question about specifications, how they should be written,
if there was a guide, and what was missing from one I know wasnt used and
got a lecture on how what Id like to see done isnt possible. That I have no
buisness asking the question about specifications, go to the user list.
Do you expect me to be all warm and fuzzy after that? I help a lot of people
to. I may not do what some of the people here do. But to me I can feel the
eliteism in some of these replies. If you have read some of my posts, good ,
at least you have seen I am only doing what I am doing to help others.
I also have a reason to reply about ia32 packages. Granted I may not be a
"Ubuntu" developer. But what I have done and the work I do helping people on
the forum relies on those packages. Telling me I'm out of luck in the future
for those packages isnt going to make me all warm and fuzzy. Because this
isnt just you wont put in 32bit firefox, wine or some other 32bit app, this
is you are stoping me and others from having them at all. This would be a
big step backwards from Dapper.

Get today's hot entertainment gossip