Question about network drivers

Mitch Golden mgolden at mitchgolden.com
Thu Sep 28 16:26:23 BST 2006

I am wondering how it will be decided what versions of wpa_supplicant,
ndiswrapper, and wireless-tools get included in Edgy.  The reason I am
asking is that I have a new Dell with a Dell 1390 and to get it all to
work (so I am told) is that all of these need to be more recent than what
was included in Dapper in order for it to work.  See eg here:

I am willing to create packages for the relevant modules.  I note that
what I see going on in the debian development tree is that they are
jumping well ahead in particular on the wpa_supplicant to the 0.5 branch,
which is (according to the wpa_supplicant page
http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/), still a test release.  Is that
what's going to make it to Edgy?

I would hate to have Edgy come out unable to support this Dell out of
the box.

Forgive me if I am asking anything silly...

   - Mitch