Interop btwn gnome-dflt-app-props & alternatives system

Stephen Shirley diamond+ubuntu-devel at nonado.net
Wed Sep 27 15:08:55 BST 2006

On 26/09/06, Jon Dowland <lists at alcopop.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 12:19:48PM +1200, Matthew Paul
> Thomas wrote:
> > On Sep 21, 2006, at 6:29 PM, Cefiar wrote:
> > >  1. Addition of a simple statement that the settings
> > >  ONLY change gnome-settings aware applications, and ONLY
> > >  for this user. Either popped up when started, or above
> > >  the selection process.
> >
> > Or since I won't know what a "gnome-settings-aware
> > application" is, perhaps: "Some programs may ignore these
> > settings."
>
> Hmm. That seems unnecessarily confusing. Would such programs
> be considered bugs? Is there a freedesktop.org (or similarly
> agnostic) pioneered solution to this problem?

I proposed a workaround for this situation a while back (see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2005-October/012609.html),
but unfortunately it's just vaporware as i haven't had the time to
implement it yet.

Steve
--
"You are technically correct, the best kind of correct."
- Bureaucrat 1.0, Futurama