diamond+ubuntu-devel at nonado.net diamond+ubuntu-devel at nonado.net
Mon Oct 24 18:59:53 CDT 2005

Hi,
	I have an idea/proposal for a way of attaining system-wide proxy
auto-configuration for dapper. Obviously this package is mostly of
interest to mobile users, i know it'd make bringing my laptop around
with me much less annoying. I've written a short piece on this here:

http://diamond.nonado.net/vonproxy/docs/aims.txt

I plan to implement VonProxy anyway myself over the next few months, so
i reckon it should be mature enough for consideration for inclusion in
dapper, but of course i'm not going to pretend to presume that -) Mainly
i'm interested to know if i'm not the only one that would like this to
exist, and if so, how people would like it to interact with
NetworkManager.

Steve
--
"You are technically correct, the best kind of correct." -- the web