How long will 64bit Ubuntu users have to wait?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 27 08:05:41 BST 2006

Hi,

Scott James Remnant [2006-09-26 20:55 +0100]:
> > Exactly how many Ubuntu developers actually use the 64bit version.
> >
> Every day (this machine, in fact).

*me too*. I have used amd64 installations since I bought a new
workstation about a year ago, and I don't even have an i386
installation since the amd64 one just works so well and is
considerably faster in some circumstances (e. g. some packages build
20% faster; I assume mainly due to the large number of registers that
amd64 CPUs provide).

Martin

--
Martin Pitt              http://www.piware.de