audacious media player

Brian Craft javaman67 at acd.net
Fri Sep 15 03:15:17 BST 2006

email.listen at googlemail.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> I just had a closer look at audacious [1] which is a fork of
> beep-media-player/bmp and bmpx.
>
> For me it was more mature than bmpx and also more stable, at least here on my
> machine.
>
> It seems that someone on ubuntu forums spend some time to adopt it for
> ubuntu[2]. This because the download section of audacious mentioned that
> their deb's are not very 'Ubuntu compatible'.
>
> Will there be a chance to get it to edgy universe or multiverse even in this
> late state?
>
> [1] http://audacious-media-player.org/Main_Page
> [2]
> http://www.ubuntuforums.org/member.php?s=84b613f2442ed6a85a2f381bb38222e9&u=29023
> [2] http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202430
>
> regards,
> thomas

FYI: On the download page, there is a comment about possible problems
with the .deb files running on Ubuntu Linux. What I did was took the
latest .rpm file for Redhat/Fedora and from the command line in Ubuntu
Edgy (still in development) issued the command:

sudo alien -d audacious-0.2-2.2.fc4.i386.rpm

This made a file called: audacious_0.2-3.2_i386.deb

I then just double-clicked that file and the installer installed it.

Audacious works perfectly on mp3's or ogg files (of course make sure you
have all the related support files needed for playing mp3's installed).

Thought I'd just pass this along...............

--

Brian Craft

Jabber id: javaman67 at jabber.org
AIM id: linuxman67