audacious media player

Dmitriy Kropivnitskiy nigde at mitechki.net
Thu Sep 14 20:37:14 BST 2006

I wholeheartedly agree. All the GNOME2 music players I can currently
find in ubuntu are the "Let me build a music library" type. I have a
huge music collection, and I never bothered to tag it. Somehow directory
names and file names were always enough. But rhythmbox, banshee, amarok
and others insist on indexing my music by tags. And when I have tags,
all these players bail out when tags are in russian. All I want is to
open nautilus, click on a music file and listen to it. XMMS is nice, but
it is GTK1 based and takes some tinckering to make it look good (and it
doesn't display UTF8 tags where I actually have them). Audacity is a
good way to enjoy music in a simple intuitive way.