Lack of support for soft RAID

Rocco Stanzione grasshopper at linuxkungfu.org
Mon Sep 4 03:34:26 BST 2006

On Sunday 03 September 2006 8:10 pm, Scott White wrote:
> Presently there is no out of the box support for BIOS enabled software RAID
> such as the many that come with NVidia, Intel or Highpoint Chipsets.  This
> can be a turn-off for power users wishing to dual-boot WindowsXP and
> Ubuntu.

If this is true, I agree with Scott that it should be addressed.  I've always
simply assumed that the defaultness of LVM, EVMS, MDADM etc. were to ensure
the widest possible support for various HDD configurations like RAID.  If
it's not true, and we're just lacking support for an unusual one-off
configuration, of course please file a bug report.

Rocco