Segmentaiton faults on a fresh Kubuntu 6.06-1 install

Jon Grant jg at jguk.org
Sun Sep 3 01:55:09 BST 2006

Hi!

Samuel Cormier-Iijima wrote:
> You should probably file a bug for this...

For the seg faults? or the perl script "debsums" ? I alrady emailed the
maintainer of debsums to see what he thought.

BTW, I remembered one other error on my install, my HP 930c was plugged
in but not installed.  I tried to add it manually. But kept getting this
error popup from the KDE Configure Control Module:

Unable to load the requested driver:
Unable to create the Foomatic driver [HP-DeskJet_930C,cdj550.upp].
Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the required
permissions to perform that operation.

I should point out that I made sure I had all the different HP driver
packages installed, and i tried several of the different suggested
drivers (there were about 7 in the list)

Any ideas what that could be? or if it is related?

Kind regards
Jon