EOL announcements

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 08:10:57 GMT 2006

I have now seen several comments on about the recent Hoary EOL
announcement only being sent to security-announce and not -announce as
well. All of those comments seemed to indicate to me that sending only
to the former is not going to get enough publicity.

Then I remembered that of all the news outlets I know, only LWN
regularly carries EOL announcements. They have carried all the recent
Fedora and our Warty one. However, after extensive search, I did not
find an article about Hoary's EOL on LWN.

This leads me to believe the following: If LWN did not pick it up, it
is a fair bet it didn't get widely circulated enough. With that in
mind, can we resend the EOL announcement to -announce and make it part
of policy that EOL announcements go to both?

Corey