Firefox outcome (Re: Is Ubuntu going to adapt Ice Weasel?)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 23 21:37:44 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 07:25:34PM +0100, Toby Smithe wrote:
> Indeed, I think it is a good outcome. I am still a bit peeved by the
> lack of freedom this represents.

The Mozilla folks have every right to protect their trademark, and to
request that it be used only in ways which meet with their approval.  The
practical issues associated with this will not, I expect, be nearly as
problematic as has been supposed, and Ubuntu and Mozilla will both benefit
tremendously from a closer working relationship.

--
 - mdz