Proposal for session persistence on thin clients

Jim McQuillan jam at McQuil.com
Mon Oct 23 18:44:37 BST 2006

I'd like to propose a topic for the Ubuntu dev summit in Mt.View.

"Session Persistence"

This is the ability to disconnect from a session, and re-attach later.
Possibly from a different thin client.

Other thin client systems have this already.

A possible solution might be VNC or NX, but both of those have their issues.

I'm thinking that since we'll have lots of LTSP people at MtView, and
we'll have Keith Packard from X.org, and lots of other people, it would be
a great opportunity to discuss this feature and various methods of
providing it.

Whadya all think?

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org