proposal: internet-cafe software

David Prieto frandavid100 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 12:10:45 BST 2006

> i know pete savage wants to write a new spec for feisty that deals with
> enhancements of SCP.

Hi Oliver.

Yes, I've been talking to him just a moment ago. Anyway, what exactly
does an internet cafe control program need to do? CCL handles lots of
things like soft drinks sold and things like that, which I don't think
would be needed. But, what features ARE necessary? Those are CCL's
capabilities according to its webpage:

      * It handles the communication betwen client and server, so you
        don't have to care about sockets, and things like that.
      * Suport for secure connections using OpenSSL.
      * Flexible tarifs system.
      * Support for selling products, etc
      * Support for members (they can have different tarifs)
      * It controls the time of the client sessions, and calculates the
        price.
      * Support for countdown sessions, session pausing, swaping
        sessions from one workstation to another, etc.
      * Logging capabilities, and log searching.

Which ones would be essential?