spec - uninterrupted-video-playback

Samuel Cormier-Iijima sciyoshi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 21:21:16 BST 2006

Hi,

I think this would be quite a nice feature - things could "grab" the
screen, such as games and videos, which would prevent other windows
from popping up without user input (alt-tab) or permission (settings
dialog). I think however that a better way to go about solving this
would be DBus - it's for things like this it was designed for. This
way, these settings would be per-session. There could be some sort of
DBus well-known name that fullscreen apps request, or a signal that
they emit when they grab the screen (although this might have problems
for new apps joining the bus). Anyways, just a couple of thoughs on
how this could be implemented.

Cheers,
Samuel