Repeat question

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 10 14:25:23 BST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 01:24:52PM -0400, Mitch Golden wrote:
> Earlier, I asked the question below.  Is there someone who reads this list
> who can point me at the code for the installer, and the people/list that I
> should be talking to regarding making this fix?

Hi, I'm the installer maintainer. Your first point isn't actually an
installer issue at all: xorg.conf is generated by the maintainer scripts
in the xserver-xorg package (source package "xorg"). As to your second
point, while it's possible for the installer to select additional
packages to install based on the hardware (hw-detect does most of this),
this thread hasn't convinced me that it would be a good idea to do so; I
generally believe Matthew Garrett in matters of laptop support.

Cheers,