apport-retrace.make_useful()

Simon Law sfllaw at canonical.com
Fri Oct 6 18:37:56 BST 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 07:01:59PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Since this is meant to work as a normal user [3], it cannot use
> /var/cache/apt/archives to locally cache the ddebs. If you need to
> care for bandwidth, you can use the -C option to specify a directory
> to a permanent ddeb cache (e. g. I use ~/.ddeb and told my backup
> system to ignore this directory). If you do not use -C, the downloaded
> ddebs are discarded.

You could access() to see if /var/cache/apt/ddebs in writable, and use
that to cache ddebs.  If we set anyone in the src group as being able to
write there, that should be sufficiently sane behaviour.

Of course, apport-retrace should probably look in /var/cache/apt/ddebs
in read-only mode so that even if you're not in the src group, you can
still save bandwidth.

Cheers,
--
Simon Law                                 http://www.law.yi.org/~sfllaw/