Is Ubuntu going to adapt Ice Weasel?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 8 16:52:20 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-10 at 16:39 +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:
> Op zaterdag 07-10-2006 om 11:51 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Daniel
> Robitaille:
> > Personally, I think all this is silly.  Users expect Ubuntu to be an OS
> > that comes with many things, including a Firefox that looks like the
> > Firefox anyone else uses.   And personally I never cared with all the
> > small modifications Ubuntu do the Firefox before putting it in the
> > repositories.
>
> I have seen upstream versions where people had to configure their
> printer manually by entering a command line, you sure don't want to give
> such a version to inexperienced users?

It doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  I have here Firefox 2 from
mozilla.org installed in Dapper, and the printer dialog looks pretty
sane to me.  No command line options to set up that I can  see (which is
true I remember seeing before in older versions); it's not the gnome
printer dialog, but the difference is not big enough to be a factor here
in my opinion.