Is Ubuntu going to adapt Ice Weasel?

Mitch Golden mgolden at mitchgolden.com
Sat Oct 7 22:00:49 BST 2006

I have to admit to complete confusion regarding this firefox issue.  There
is *nothing* non-free about Firefox.  The code is licensed under a free
license, and you can do whatever you want with it.

The only thing you can't do is make changes to it *and then call it
Firefox*.  This is perfectly reasonable and totally within the spirit of
free software licenses.  Someone should please tell me which one of the
GPL's four freedoms it controvenes.  (The same is true for Linux code
itself, BTW, see eg this site: http://www.linuxmark.org/ )

This whole thing is a tempest in a teapot.  Firefox should be distributed
by Ubuntu - and it should be the real Firefox, logo and all.

   - Mitch Golden