Egdy status on Acer Aspire 3003LMi
crippledcanary at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 07:17:26 BST 2006
Yesterday I updgraded my dapper installation to Edgy Beta and this is what
I have to tell about this.
* xorg-server where held back by some reason and forced me into command line
mode. This was solved by doing a forced install.
* ndiswrapper stopped working (I have a BroadCom 4318 wireless nic).
* uspash is some boring test picture.
* I now have a left behind package "imake" that wants to remove a lot of
gnome stuff for example nautilus if I remove it.
* the bcm43xx module now does work but it's much more picky about reception
quality than the ndiswrapper solution ever was. When using ndiswrapper in
dapper I could be almost anywhere in my house and still get decent reception
but now when using bcm43xx I only get reception on a few locations and there
I can not move a inch.
crippledcanary at gmail.com | http://crippledcanary.se
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-devel