Harddisk Encryption

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Wed Nov 29 20:44:44 GMT 2006

Op woensdag 29-11-2006 om 21:01 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Jeremy
Schoenhaar:
> ok, Point well taken. I still however fail to see the wisdom in giving
> an option to one group of users but not the other. As long as we don't
> get into depth about what encryption is I don't see where that would
> confuse the user. We also have a partitioning tool, and there are users
> out there that don't understand partitions. So we are not going to say
> "We are now going to scramble your harddrive and make it unreadable" the
> same as we do not say " Now cutting your harddrive into virtual
> pieces ..."

Well, I think that this feature is mostly used by some groups of people
who know how to set this up themselves, or who at least know how to run
an alternative installer, and I think we want to keep the "easy
installer" as simple as possible.

--
Jan Claeys