Invitation to ubuntu developers

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Sat Nov 25 10:35:37 GMT 2006

On 25/11/06 at 11:12 +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> I'm still somewhat shocked. I remember that there was a really good
> debate if dapper should be delayed for two months extra development
> time. We had 3 IRC sessions for all timezones, and literally everyone was
> heard about his opinion. For this case, there wasn't even a debate on
> ubuntu-devel.
>
> Is this a new trend in ubuntu development? Please not!

I don't think it is a new trend in ubuntu development to take this kind
of decisions without trying to reach consensus first: the switch from
Bugzilla to Launchpad was decided in the same way.

The decision-taking process inside Ubuntu doesn't seem to work well. It
might be a good idea to let a larger part of the community participate
in it, for example by implementing informal polls inside the
ubuntu-members or ubuntu-developpers groups (Launchpad supports that
already).
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |