Web Filtering for Edubuntu / Firefox

t u towsonu2003 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 07:43:39 GMT 2006

James McDermott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a good web filtering application for Edubuntu Version
> 6.1 (EdgyEft) server thin-clint configuration.
>
> I tried to install Dan's Guardian using the information on the website:
>
> http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/resources/tutorials/DansGuardian.php

Hi,

Ubuntuforums.org, irc (#ubuntu on irc.freenode.net), or the support
section of launchpad might be a better place to ask for help.

This is just FYI (nothing helpful, sorry), especially to the devels
interested in Dansguardian and/or parental controls. A while ago, I
filed a bug on installation procedure of Dansguardian after [not being
able to solve] a support request. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/dansguardian/+bug/65533

I sent an email to edubuntu-devel but never got a response:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel/2006-October/001868.html

The developers of the Christian Edition of Ubuntu may know how to
implement a nice way to install and configure Dansguardian, as, afaik,
it comes installed and configurable via GUI in their edition.

Here's a screenshot of what they have:
http://www.whatwouldjesusdownload.com/christianubuntu/uploaded_images/configure_parental_controls_screen-745707.png

Thanks.

PS. no, I'm not Christian :-)