The Ubuntu Backup Team

Sivan Greenberg sivan at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 6 09:06:14 GMT 2006

Hi Erast!

Erast Benson wrote:
> I would recommend also to take a look on MacOSX "The time machine"
> backup system: http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/timemachine.html
> to get some ideas of ideal backup solution.

Some time ago I played with using bzr to be able to go back and forth on
revisions of system configuration files and data. We could through a UI
on top of it to enable users to actively mark restore points , or use
some hook such that it would be configurable to have bzr take automatic
snapshots of system areas before dist-upgrades, problematic package
installs, running community scripts etc.

Sivan