Avahi problems in gnome-games

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Mon Nov 6 00:55:09 GMT 2006

Hi Andreas,

It's a shame to see you disabling Avahi support, I would think the
better approach is to fix the problem :) I'd hope Avahi can be supported
upstream as well.

Are you able to point me to the relevant bug reports and/or stacktraces
and I'll see if I can cook up a patch for you.

Among other things, it may simply be that you don't properly handle the
case where Avahi cannot connect to the daemon (given it's disabled by
default in edgy) [This is just a wild guess :)]

Cheers,
Trent