Edgy in the news

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 1 19:42:57 GMT 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 03:00:40PM -0800, Constantine Evans wrote:
> Warnings about Automatix would probably offend quite a few people.

Automatix is developed entirely without input from or cooperation with the
development team, and the last time I looked at it, it made some very
questionable modifications to the system which are likely to cause problems
for official packages.  I wrote up some of my findings in the
common-customizations specification.

I cannot recommend the use of this program, and systems where it has been
used cannot be supported with a clean and official upgrade path.

--
 - mdz