Power down after shutdown does not work...

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Mon May 29 16:58:36 BST 2006

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 07:32:56AM +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
> A growing number of people, myself included, are complaining about
> laptops not powering off after the "Will now halt" message.
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/43961
>
> I know this is not data-loss-in-the-installer critical, but I think
> it's quite important for rocking laptop support in dapper.
>
> I haven't seen any response on this bug since 10 May - can somebody
> please check it out and let us know:
>
> * whether it's even filed against the correct package
> * if it will be fixable in dapper
> * if not, a workaround

The problem hasn't even been diagnosed yet, so there certainly isn't a fix
available, and therefore no, it is not fixable in Dapper.

It is filed in the correct place, and the kernel team is aware of it.  You
have already taken the necessary actions to record your experiences with the
problem, thanks.

--
 - mdz