What is the power of artwork team on theme selection ?

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Mon May 29 15:41:09 BST 2006

Hello,

Sorry for crosspost, but dholbach told me to tell ubuntu-devel about
that matter. I quitely obey. ;)

For the first time with dapper, the artwork team vote a selection of
wallpaper and community artwork to ship along the default Human theme.
That is really great !

I wonder if we can drop all other theme except accessibility themes that
are not selected by artwork team. According to dholbach dropping those
theme must be done  " in accordance with everybody else". Don't exactly
understand that.

That would be nice if artwork team have a real control of artwork shiped
by ubuntu. currently ubuntu ship some theme such as Simple, Smockey-Blue
and Grand Canyon, Ocean Dream, Glider, Crux, Mist Clearlooks, and
Traditionnal should be drop in favour of artwork selected themes : Gray,
Dapper-Drake, etc.

Why are so much theme included in Ubuntu ? Who select them ? Which power
will we give to ubuntu-artwork team ?

Thanks.

Étienne.
--