Picasa for Linux

Marco Cabizza mc at newglobal.it
Sun May 28 11:43:18 BST 2006

Il giorno sab, 27/05/2006 alle 22.39 +1000, rob ha scritto:
> On Saturday 27 May 2006 20:02, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> > On za, 2006-05-27 at 10:49 +0800, Jerome Gotangco wrote:
> > > It is considered non-free, so if redistribution is allowed, it can be
> > > in multiverse.
> >
> > Redistribution is not allowed if I understand their EULA correctly.
>
> The .deb file on the web site works fine on my Dapper Drake install, Breezy is
> listed as supported on their site also. Maybe Google could be asked if they
> want to distribute it in multiverse?
>
> Robert Stoffers
> --
> Member, Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com
> Staff Member, Freenode IRC Network - irc://irc.freenode.net

Hope we don't really want that ugly wine hack in Ubuntu/Debian or
whatever :)

We should probably ask Google to release picasa as free software - or at
least free to be distributed - AND to make a real decent porting,
instead of this wine thing. It's really bad even on the formal side,
because it should _depend_ on wine, not ship its own version.

Until then, f-spot is more than enough.

~marco