ADSL/USB networking

Daniel Koć kocio at linuxnews.pl
Mon May 22 13:14:05 BST 2006

Vassilis Pandis napisał(a):

>No project that I'm aware of. I'm not an Ubuntu developer but I can do some C/GTK+
>and I'm very interested in this. We probably have to write a spec first and think about
>implementation details.

Wow, I'm very glad to hear it! =} Krzysztof Lichota, who could take care
of the KDE part, made very precise sketch of how he thinks it should
work in the other thread on this list:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2006-May/018132.html

>an project on free accessrunner firmware which is rather unlikely)...The only thing that can be
>done is making it show up in network-admin and somehow making the procedure of downloading the
>firmware extractor, finding the firmware on the cd and putting it in the correct location
>painless. I'm not sure this is legal though.

AFAIK the only issue is distributing the firmware, not using it, so
we can probably take the file from CD-ROM at least, since everybody
should have it shipped from ISP with the modem itself.

Can we make a spec then (on https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+specs)
to synchronize our efforts and to have a central place to inform others
what can and should be done?

--
Tylko niepewność
daje jakąś gwarancję.