Konqueror profiles removed, why this?

email.listen at googlemail.com email.listen at googlemail.com
Mon May 22 12:24:09 BST 2006

Am Mon, 22. May 2006 09:22 schrieb Krzysztof Lichota:
> email.listen at googlemail.com wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > According to the changelog of kdebase (4:3.5.2-0ubuntu23) [1] Anthony
> > Mercatante <tonio at ubuntu.com>  removed Konquerors default profiles.
> >
> > Because of this Konqueror can't be started via the meu 'internet -
> > konqueror' anymore. The menu entry is 'kfmclient openProfile
> > webbrowsing', so no konqueror without the profile webbrowsing...
> >
> > There are bugreports (#45004 and #43949) but which seem not be assigned
> > to anybody.
> >
> > So if the profiles stay removed it might be a good idea to change the
> > menu entry for konqueror, isn't it?
>
> Cannot reproduce it on my system (Kubuntu Dapper with yesterday's updates).
> Both entry in menu and on Kicker work, although they contain 'kfmclient
> openProfile webbrowsing'.

Hhhm, strange, indeed.

Due to the changelog Daniel didn't add the profiles:

kdebase (4:3.5.2-0ubuntu24) dapper; urgency=low

  * debian/cdbs/kde.mk:
    - added dh_iconcache.

 -- Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com>  Thu, 18 May 2006 21:03:58
+0200

Even for a new user there are no konqueror profiles at all...

Nevertheless I would strongly recomend to verify this. If this is reproducable
it will be close to release critical for dapper I would say. Concerning the
confirmations there are at least four people who face the same problem. What
IMO is quite a strong argument to assign this bug to somebody, may be Daniel
or Anthony.

regards,
thomas