GNOME Desktop, Settings and Metacity Optimization

Travis Watkins alleykat at gmail.com
Fri May 12 20:44:39 BST 2006

On 5/12/06, Joel Bryan T. Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm really anxious to add another post regarding XML optimization.
> But recently I have tried to optimize evolution, and there's really a
> big difference, specially when changing views.

If you want to see what this really does do this:
 1) restart your computer and turn evolution without this
 2) see how long it takes to start up, etc
 3) run this script, then restart again
 4) run evolution and see if anything got faster

Please report (somewhat) accurate startup times. If nothing else just
start counting from the time you click on the menu item to launch it.

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com