Google Summer of Code idea

Michael V. De Palatis depalatis at gmail.com
Thu May 4 16:14:18 BST 2006

I'm not an Ubuntu developer, but I think that this is an incredibly
good idea. One of the most difficult things for a newbie to the linux
world to get working can be wireless networking, especially if he or
she doesn't have one of the few chipsets that work out of the box.

I agree that this would be fairly difficult to implement, but that's
what Summer of Code projects are for. So, while I carry absolutely no
say in this, I say that you should officially write up a proposal.

Mike

On 5/4/06, James Hall <rio at x5g.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 15:50 +0200, Jan Wrobel wrote:
> > Do you think it is something useful for Ubuntu
> > project
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> I think that's a truly useful idea, although possibly a little hard to
> implement. Would this transfer WEP keys and dialup telephone numbers? I
> have three network devices - eth0 eth1 + ath0. Would your solution know
> which was which (and my default)?
>
> Just a couple of things to think about. I'm not really looking for
> answers to those specific questions - just curious about how far you
> were thinking of taking this. Good luck with your proposal.
>
> Regards,
> James Hall

Mike