Quality Control Suggestion

Richard Kleeman kleeman at cims.nyu.edu
Tue May 2 16:08:37 BST 2006

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> If you want to survey which applications are most important to users in the
> forums, wouldn't it be more sensible to run a poll in the forums rather than
> on a wiki page?
>
>> This Poll is intended to come up with a list of applications that an
>> automated script will run through regularly for development releases.
>
> Also, at this point, we're much more interested in simple, easy-to-follow
> test plans than fancy automated testing tools.  The good news is that almost
> anyone can write one of these after reading an example.  A GREAT way to show
> how important an application is to you would be to write a test plan for it
> and carry out the test plan with each milestone release.

Fair points. I'm a bit busy at work at present so lets see how things
develop. My gut feeling on this is that you need to engage the very
large forum crowd and make the testing process as simple and easy to use
as possible. Not because they aren't sometimes skilled but simply
because they lack time.

Richard