Evolution and spam

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Thu Mar 16 10:16:55 GMT 2006

On do, 2006-03-16 at 11:38 +0100, VETSEL Patrice wrote:

> Where are we going with spam filtering in evolution ?

Currently nowhere unfortunately - and dapper is already way past feature
freeze (even if dapper were delayed, feature free would remain intact).
Please write a BetterSpamFiltering spec for dapper+1 with your ideas and
let's hope it will be implemented.

In Dapper I switched from spamassassin to bogofilter but it's not useful
at all since you can't mark messages as non-juk if they are no yet
marked as junk. And thus bogofilter (same goes for spamassassin) cannot
learn good tokens. You have to resort to the command line for this.

I really hope that there will be some improvement for dapper+1, which
only is possible if someone with good ideas about it writes a spec.
--
Dennis K.
 - Linux for human beings - http://www.ubuntu.com