Evolution and spam

VETSEL Patrice vetsel.patrice at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 16 10:38:52 GMT 2006

Where are we going with spam filtering in evolution ?
Evolution package recommend spamassassin (it's NOT installed)
Evolution package recommend evolution-plugins (it's installed)
Evolution-plugins package recommend bogofilter (it's NOT installed)

End users have icons and options in evolution that seem's to indicate
that there is a working solution of spam filtering. But that's wrong,
and all spam will not be filtering.

Other problem is that in evolution plugins, the 2 plugins (spamassasin
and bogofilter) are activated by default (neither if bogofilter and
spamassassin aren't installed). If end user install bogofilter, he must
de-activate spamassassin plugin because it break bogofilter plugin.

We have to be more friendly and more efficient.

One possible suggestion is to add a first mail in local box in evolution
explaining that problem (like the first mail presentation of evolution),
and to de-activate the 2 spam plugins ?!

Regards

VETSEL Patrice
Aka Kagou
https://launchpad.net/people/vetsel-patrice