New theme

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 17:58:41 GMT 2006

There's a lot about the new theme that I like.  The orange and red are
a little too hot though.  Haven't there been studies about the effects
of colors on productivity?  I'm pretty sure strong reds and oranges
make people more high-strung / angry or something like that.

I was totally shocked when I first selected it.  You have to log out
and then back in before it settles down and looks like they intended.

The trash can looks like a battery.  I've never seen a trash can that
looked like that.  I seriously thought, "how come the theme put my
battery monitor applet down there?" and "eek! My battery is almost
dead!... oh wait, this is a desktop machine, WTF?"

Other than that it's pretty nice.  I hope there's time enough to
polish it more, and willingness to subdue it some.

A while ago someone came up with a tango-fied human icon theme.  It
was very similar to this theme but more like tango.  I liked it
better, partly because if the rest of the world goes toward tango then
the human theme will fit in better.

- Andrew