ALSA driver question

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Mar 9 02:04:45 GMT 2006

With all existing Linux kernels including the Dapper kernel, sound does
not work at all on ASUS machines with snd-hda-intel and a Realtek ALC260
codec.  There are some patches in ALSA CVS that fix the problem.

Is this the kind of thing that's worth trying to fix for Dapper?
There's no chance of regression, as the patches only have an effect on
this specific hardware which does not work at all now.

If this is the kind of thing that could go in I will supply the patches.
It was one of the most frequently reported ALSA bugs so I think a lot of
users are affected.

Lee