Easy to submit bugs

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:35:27 GMT 2006

On 3/5/06, Josué Alcalde González <josuealcalde at gmail.com> wrote:
> A good way to do this:
>
> For users:
> - A bug buddy like interface, with a way to select:
>   * an application (menu applications or .desktop), product or even a
> package (using apt-cache).
>   * a category selection (bug, feature...).
>   * a description.
>   * files.
>   *- ...
> - This application should send the information to a server using http,
> email or anything else.
>

> For developers:
> - An interface to check this bugs and confirmed it, correct them or
> check if they are already in malone.
> - There could be a point-based way to make bugs reliable.
>   * a bug which is confirmed by three newer is reliable
>   * a bug which is confirmed by a ubuntu-developer is reliable
>   * ...
>   When a bug is reliable, it is automaticaly added to malone.
> - The interface should be able to filter bugs by product,
> reliability...

 +1
I found as a new user that it was very difficult to determine where in
Malone or Bugzilla to place my bug, and to determine whether bugs that
others had posted were, in fact, the same bug etc - moving some of the
responsibility for this away from the user would probably mean loads
more bugs submitted

I think it would be nice to make the user aware of this application either
1) On installation
2) On first start-up (are there any plans for a 'first start
up/welcome' application/secreen?'
3) With an option in the menu saying 'Report a problem in Ubuntu' (not
everyone knows what a 'bug' means!!