Tracker in Edgy?

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:19:13 BST 2006

On 6/29/06, Pavel Roitberg <pavel at madman2k.net> wrote:
> are there any plans to offer tracker as an beagle alternative in edgy?
> There are already debian biulds available on
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Tracker, which work quite fine for me.
> But I could not get tracker support in nautilus (guess the above debs do
> not include the devel headers)
>
> is someone going to package this officially?
>
> Pavel

Is there a nice GTK frontend for Tracker? - last time I used it I
could not find any way to use it except from the command line.

There are many things I find frustrating about beagle's frontend -
sometimes I _just_ want to search by filename or extension, and the UI
doesn't handle this very well... Perhaps if there is somethign fro
Tracker it can handle that better.

Who