Edgy Third Party Package Management

Jerry Haltom wasabi at larvalstage.net
Fri Jun 2 21:32:42 BST 2006

Of course. Nobody in their right mind would supply a version for all
100. Nobody is proposing that.

I am proposing we provide a way for ISVs to publish packages for OUR
distribution: Ubuntu. That way can be as open as possible and leave as
much room for other distros to follow as possible... but the goal is
still to have people provide packages for Ubuntu. This is a way we can
take the initiative.