Development Status Reports

Rocco Stanzione grasshopper at linuxkungfu.org
Fri Jul 21 16:30:32 BST 2006

I usually upgrade to the development version some time before it gets
released, but it's hard to know when it's the right time *for me* to do the
upgrade.  My personal threshold for acceptable stability is... where it is,
and if there were a way to know when Edgy (for example) has reached that
point, I could upgrade at the right time and be much more able to contribute
to development.  I was very active on Launchpad between my upgrade to Dapper
and its release, and I look forward to being helpful again with Edgy.  I
don't know exactly what such a status report would look like, or how often it
could be put out without being more of a burden than it's worth on the
developers, but I think there's a solution here that nets a big benefit to
development.  Any thoughts?

Rocco