Dapper wont boot

Ben Collins bcollins at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 26 21:48:18 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 15:10 +0000, Thomas Beckett wrote:
> > Could you try doing the same with Flight 3.
> >
> > Scott
> > --
>
> I have tried again with flight 3 today and no change. removing kernel
> options as suggested by Ben didnt work and is useless as the
> uncompressing linux..... ok booting line doesnt even show so i dont
> think there is a kernel loaded yet to pass parameters to :(
>
> I have attached a picture to my bug report of when it happens
> .
> http://librarian.launchpad.net/1538617/Breezy_Boot_Failure.jpg

Are you passing any vga= lines to the kernel? If so, remove those too.

There's not much that happens in the bzImage code before
"Uncompressing..." gets printed other than a couple of video related
things. That's about the only place I can see it failing.

--
Ben Collins
Kernel Developer - Ubuntu Linux