[dapper] lo interface

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 10:06:02 GMT 2006

On 1/24/06, SmasSive <smassive at menta.net> wrote:
> I'm using dapper.

You may want to log a defect on that. (I am x-posting this onto devel
for their attention.)

> The init script seems to be ok too, if you want I can attach it in the next
> mail.

I think it may be best if the maintainer of the networking config
takes a look. At any rate, he/she will be much faster at diagnosing
the problem.

If I may ask, did the 'lo' interface ever work at all, or did it break
in an upgrade of packages?

> I have eth0 up in booting time... the problem seems only to be in lo
> interface.

How peculiar. I have not tested Dapper myself as I am interested in
having the box I am using fully working. ;)

> El Martes 24 Enero 2006 09:05, Anders Karlsson escribió:
> > On 1/24/06, SmasSive <smassive at menta.net> wrote:
> > > There is my interfaces file:
> > >
> > > ============================================
> > > smassive at mordor ~ $ cat /etc/network/interfaces
> > > # /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)
> > >
> > > # The loopback interface
> > > auto lo
> > > iface lo inet loopback
> > >
> > > # The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
> > > installation
> > > auto eth0
> > > iface eth0 inet dhcp
> > >
> > > I think all it's ok...
> >
> > That is indeed okay. Mine is much the same. There is a script in
> > /etc/init.d that should bring up interfaces on boot. If that is
> > broken, you should not have any networking at all.  What release of
> > Ubuntu is this?

Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>