Problems with getting commit rights on the ubuntu-doc svn repo

Mark Shuttleworth mark at hbd.com
Sun Jan 22 13:53:22 GMT 2006

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> The documentation team works on an svn repository hosted on Ubuntu
> servers. As a result, the access rights are controlled by the Ubuntu
> admins. The current procedure for getting new members svn commit access
> is to send an RT request with the relevant member's details.
>
> However the problem with the current procedure is that this takes a long
> time: generally a matter of several weeks pass before the member is
> given access. At an Ubuntu-doc meeting last year where the Community
> Council was present, this matter was briefly discussed and it was
> promised that all commit requests would be dealt with within 48 hours
> (if I recollect correctly).

James, please create a process for the Doc Team leader to be able to
grant commit access to this SVN repository. In general, team leaders
should be able to add contributors and grant content contribution access
without reference to the admins or to the CC/TB. Of course, the process
must not increase security risks, but I see no reason why it cannot be
setup so that a team lead can grant this limited access.

We are *nearly* ready with Launchpad's BZR supermirror integration,
which will allow committers to be added just by adding people to a
Launchpad team, so all of this should disappear when that's done.

Regards,
Mark