Can this be supported by Ubuntu Linux?

Jordan Mantha mantha at
Sat Jan 21 06:10:24 GMT 2006

Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> Wondering if this can be added to the list of software that perhaps
> ought to be supported by Ubuntu Linux?
What do you mean by supported exactly? Gaussian is a wonderful
computational chemistry package, but it is not free and therefore cannot
be included in Ubuntu. There are a some free alternatives such as MOPAC7
and MPQC that are available in Ubuntu and I just packaged a Gaussian
output parser called GaussSum. There are quite a few frontends to
Gaussian if that is what you are looking for. If you want more info feel
free to email the me or the ubuntu-science list [1].

-Jordan Mantha (LaserJock)