gnome terminal

John Nilsson john at milsson.nu
Fri Jan 20 23:08:36 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 20:50 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:
> Why a new user would use gksudo to install packages having a great basic
> tool to do so under Applications, and Synaptic under System >
> Administration - plus a direct connection between both?

I didn't mean to imply that the user would run gksudo. I was referring
to the fact that the command run by the menu entry for synaptic begins
with gksu.

As to the Dmiriy's post about the amount of work to get a more
informative gksu(do). I assumed that apps would have to be patched to
use libgksu in any case to better connect the dialog with the actions.

A third method might be to merge gksu and zenity.

Regards,
John