gThumb VS EOG

Jan Moren jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Mon Jan 16 11:44:25 GMT 2006

AFAIK, eog doesn't give you the three-pane view with thumbnails (at
least 2.13.2 does not). That is pretty critical when you need to look
through a few hundred images at a time. And no, Nautilus is not a good
enough substitute - you really want to be able to quickly flip between
images as you browse and clicking on each and every one, then closing
the window and clicking on the next one is much too cumbersome.

Having f-spot as the default photo app would be a good change, on the
other hand, but that ties in to the question of including Mono, which is
a larger issue.

--
Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
Japan:  090-3622 8920           jan.moren at lucs.lu.se