Plans for Ubuntu on new Intel Macs?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 13 01:42:39 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 06:43:00PM +0100, Maximilian Gerlach wrote:
> Are there any plans on supporting the new Intel Macs out of the box?
> They are EFI based so Ubuntu has to have at least another boot loader
> (elilo - elilo.sourceforge.net) on the installation CD.

I don't know enough about the platform yet to make this determination.  If
it can be done without requiring an unreasonable amount of development
effort, and it earns enough market share that it will see sufficient testing
within the community, then it would make sense for us to support it.

--
 - mdz