Getting popcon back in shape

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 6 19:12:40 GMT 2006

Hi,

Am Freitag 06 Januar 2006 19:16 schrieb Matt Zimmerman:
> In general, popcon doesn't answer these questions as effectively for us as
> it does for Debian, due to the fact that most users use the preselected
> desktop environment.  These packages dominate the results, and the variance
> in the remaining packages doesn't seem very informative.

Popcon statistics gave/give at least some hints, which *universe* packages to
fix first. I remember we used that info for the list of FTBFS packages for
breezy (which were more than we could handle).

Maybe some public announcement (planet/fridge?) of popcon might help to get
more data.

Cheers,
	Stefan.